This Animal Crossing tarot art by silkirose is the cutest thing I've seen all week (and forever laughing at the devil): https://silkirose.tumblr.com/post/615229401619120128
look at these wooden cube transformer toys
The best take I've seen about option 2 is that Jim Carrey would be a favourite for Best Supporting Actor for his work in Sonic The Hedgehog.
Three options for the 2020 Oscars:
2. Most of the qualifying movies are from January-March, because a lot of studios already deferred big films until next year (even if cinemas open again.)
3. With piles of cash and nothing else to do with it, Netflix and Lifetime rent out empty theatres in LA and screen to nobody to get around the "theatrical release" requirement and the Academy is forced to nominate romcoms, sharksploitation flicks, and melodramatic mysteries.
Movie theatre snacks, loneliness
Cineplex sent an email of this week's new rentals, and a reminder that they're still open through the delivery apps for snacks and I've never seen such a disproportionately expensive and grim listing of foods. Also, imagine being the concession worker going in to an empty echoing megaplex every night to run the popper and hot dog rack. Are people actually ordering movie theatre nachos?
Nobody should get close enough to me to see the 🚫 Dieting badge on my jacket, but it's there in support of all my fat friends and friends of all sizes with eating disorders or who are in recovery; anyone struggling with overwhelm from fatphobic quarantine memes ✊ (And if you're the one sharing these memes: it's tempting to focus on what you feel you can control or to redirect bad feelings through self deprecation, but think about your loved ones who might be hurt by them.)
My brother's fiancee texted and asked me to order a bridesmaid's dress online, and despite the site having literally over a hundred styles it felt like one of those "You can have two, choose wisely" scenarios:
- will fit with minimal alterations
- comes in the right colour
- won't sweat to death in August
- isn't weirdly matronly or 90s prom dressish
- doesn't require a strapless bra
I started this last year, put it aside because stitching dark blue thread on black cloth was frustrating me to no end, and now I'm back on it because there's no better time for unfinished projects. (Sure, Michaels is open for curbside pickup if I did get distracted enough to want to start a new one, but getting all of the floss colours for any cross stitch at once from one location is a miracle in the best of times.) There's about 4800 stitches left to do, let's see how far staying in gets me.
Tonight's vibe is "Walking Fast To Sad Songs To Outrun Your Own Problems" and the album for that is Gillian Welch's "The Harrow & The Harvest." (Dark folk/sorrowful Americana gothic)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!